Thursday, August 14, 2014

Anything But a Card

Your Scrapbook Challenge "Anything But a Card" ends tonight. I'm a bit late since it has already ended on the East Coast. This is my "Anything" which is progress.


Here are four of the squares I have made so far. They are from a pattern called Connie's Garden. I actually have made about eight squares in several color combinations. I get bored doing the same thing over and over again. None of the squares shown here are the same.



 A closer view of one of the squares.



Just starting one of the squares

None of the squares have been blocked yet, not until I'm ready to put them together. There is another row that I haven't put on any of the squares. I'm not sure if I want to or not. When I start to put it together, I will decide.

I'm not sure what I'm going to make yet or even in what order. Whether I'm going to do a full afghan or a lap robe, it all depends on when I get tired of making squares. LOL I have made it my goal to make one square a day. That way, in two months I will have enough to make a blanket. Then comes the not so fun job of putting all the squares together.

I found the pattern on line and fell in love with it. If you want to see the square, you can find it here. The one I saw used two pinks, I'm using several different colors of pink and am going to add some wine colors. I think purples and pinks go very nicely together.

Thanks for coming by . Take care and drive safe.







1 comment:

Terry said...

Beautiful...I have always admired crochet work. My great grandmother made so many beautiful afghans...wish I had learned to crochet. Anyway I Love your blocks.